Highlights in the Life of Covenant

Covenant's sign


January 2016Rev. Dr. Carl Utley installed as Interim Pastor
December 2015Rev. Bob Fiedler retired after 19 years of service
March 2015Rev. Loren Mitchell installed as Associate Pastor for Christian Education
December 2014Rev. Dusty Fiedler retired after 18 years of service
March 2014Candace Blair hired as Youth and Children's Music Director
January 2014Adult Membership stands at 879
Lori McAnnally hired as Church Administrator
November 2013Kim Garst hired as Secretary/Recording Treasurer
April 2013Krista Shinew hired as organist
Spring 2011Short-term mission trips for youth and adults serve our neighbors in Kentucky, Guatemala, and Malawi
April 2008Susan Foard hired as Director of Children's Ministries
March 2008Kitty Mortara hired as Director of Adult Ministries/Volunteer Coordinator
September 2007Covenant celebrates its Fiftieth Anniversary and Dedicates New Building
November 2003New pipe organ console dedicated
August 2003Mark Overacker hired as Building Superintendent
September 2001Contemporary Psalm Series creates new music through a worship grant
August 2001Covenant finishes its 7th Habitat House working with other Presbyterians
August 2000Mary Blackwell hired as Sexton
May 1997A Service of Celebration: Fortieth Anniversary ($40,000 given to two new churches)
September 1996The Revs. Robert and Dusty Fieldler installed as Pastors (Sixth and Seventh Ministers)
1993Sanctuary expansion adds 100 seats
1990Parking Lot expansion
1989Richard Rudolph hired as Director of Music
1986Mary MacMichael hired as Director of Youth and Church Activities
1982Church Office expands
May 1982A Service of Celebration: Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of Covenant Presbyterian Church
1981Organization of Youth Group Program
March 1979The Rev. James H. Riach installed as Pastor (Fifth Minister)
September 1977A Service of Celebration: Twentieth Anniversary and Dedication of Pipe Organ with recognition of rebuilders and installers
June 1977Fellowship Hall air conditioned
April 1975The Rev. John H. Roark installed as Pastor (Fourth Minister)
March 1972Sold Manse
June 1970Sanctuary air conditioned
May 1968The Rev. James F. Van Dyke installed as Pastor (Third Minister)
April 1967Dr. Bernard E. Bain speaker for Tenth Anniversary
May 1966Dedication of Sanctuary and furnishings
December 1965First Worship Service in Sanctuary
April 1965Pipe organ purchased ($400)
February 1964Sanctuary Building Fund Campaign started ($44,000 pledged)
June 1962The Rev. Dr. George H. Fitzgerald installed as Pastor (Second Minister)
September 1959Weekday Kindergarten started
December 1958Dedication of our first building
July 1958Cornerstone laid
April 1958Ground Breaking Ceremony for our first building on our First Anniversary
October 1957Building Fund Campaign started
July 1957Final Charter Members received (105 total)
June 1957Building Council appointed
First Elders and Deacons ordained and installed
The Rev. Samuel R. Hope installed as Pastor
May 1957Purchased Manse
April 1957Church Officially organized by Montgomery Presbytery (60 members)
March 1957Organized Women of the Church Circles
Organized Sunday School classes (March 10, 1957)
Chose "Covenant" as our name
February 1957First Worship Service held at Cave Spring High School
January 1957First meeting of proposed congregation (21 people)
1955$40,000 appropriated by Presbytery for New Church

About Us